What is Tag Along Mentoring With Families Plus?
Call it job-shadowing, coaching, or being a role model, a Tag-Along mentor is someone who steps up to be a positive influence in a child's life. Do you run a business or have a hobby that you would like to share? We need mentors who live anywhere in Delta County, whether that be Delta, Cedaredge, Eckert, Hotchkiss, or Paonia! Become a Tag-Along mentor with Families Plus!
What you do is simple.
- As a Tag-Along mentor you show a child a different perspective on life while helping them either gain work experience, a new skill, or a shared activity or interest.
- Some interests are construction, technology, hiking, sports, job shadowing, art most anything you can think of!
Our program is easy to work with.
- You tell us what you want to share, and we look for a child in our program that is interested in what you have to offer.
- We work with you and your time to make an arrangement that works best for you and the child/teenager.
- Our therapists work with you to make the first introduction and then you slowly build your relationship from there!
Steps to being a Tag-Along Mentor
- Reach out to Families Plus by email, phone.
- Fill out a Tag-Along Mentor Application and pass a background check.
- Our staff will work to pair your interest with one of our children (This could take a couple of days or it might be a few months, depending on the needs of the children in our program)
- A Families Plus therapist will meet with you to introduce you and set up times with the child you are mentoring.
- Let the relationship grow with the Families Plus staff supporting you the entire way!
To learn more or get started, call us at 970-874-0464 or fill out the interest form below!
If you are ready to get started! Print off and fill out the mentor application form and drop it by the Families Plus office
115 Grand Ave. Ste 2
Delta CO. 81416