Community Engagement Associate - AmeriCrops VISTA Full Time
The VISTA member will work as part of a team to develop the community outreach component of the Families Plus program. Specific responsibilities include:
• Assist in the development of a youth volunteer program, in support of other youth.
• Assist in the development of a youth advisory counsel for the youth volunteer program and general Board of Directors guidance.
• Create press releases to television, newspaper, and radio and manage regular social media feeds to draw the community into supporting youth.
• Expand the Hand Up Club and Investor Club.
• Recruit volunteers, particularly mentors for youth.
• Develop effective coordination processes among partner agencies for community efforts to prevent youth substance use and increase their social-emotional resilience.
• Write grants and work on teams to write larger grants.
• Assist in improving the website and creation of online training.
• Assist in creating volunteer appreciation procedures and event.
Program Benefits : Relocation Allowance , Training , Education award upon successful completion of service , Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend , Satisfying work environment , Living Allowance , Stipend .
Car recommended , Permits working at another job during off hours , Permits attendance at school during off hours .
Service Areas :
Community and Economic Development , Education .
Marketing, Youth Engagement , General Skills , Recruitment , Public Speaking , Team Work , Community Organization , Communications , Leadership , Non-Profit Management .
Start Date: July 8th 2019
End Date: July 7th 2019
To learn more and apply click the following link: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=88084&fromSearch=true
Want to do more for Families Plus? Contact us about volunteer positions or how you think you can help our mission!